Sodexo Meal Card (earlier known as Sodexho) is a familiar name to food fans. We may purchase food or beverages in exchange for this coupon.
This voucher had often provided by the company you are working with through the Sodexo Group. But do you realise how this Sodexo works? Who will benefit from using this meal voucher? This article tells some interesting facts about Sodexo.
Sodexo Meal Card
Sodexho Alliance is an MNC based in France. The company has more than 380,000 employees and is present in many countries worldwide. It has been approved in more than 80 countries so far.
The company modified its name from Sodexho to Sodexo because the ‘h’ after the ‘x’ was difficult to pronounce in some languages. Sodexo is present in more than 150 cities in India, and its logo is very popular in cities, especially metro cities.
Why Sodexo Meal Card?
The Indian government has given certain tax benefits to working people through food vouchers. Generally, the government provides many benefits in HRA, travel allowance, and medical claims.
The food Voucher Allowance is completely different from other components of the salary. This part had only used for taking food/beverages from shops/supermarkets/restaurants.
How does Sodexo Card work?
Let’s see how this Sodexo system works. The various stakeholders involved are the company we are working with, the Sodexo Group, which supplies the food voucher, the person who requests the company to issue the Sodexo Coupon and the individual shops/restaurants who accept the meal voucher.
For example, in the office, you announce that you need a Sodexo meal voucher of Rs 100 this month. By doing so, the company will give Rs 100 to the Sodexo Company, and the Sodexo Company will give a meal voucher worth Rs 100.
You spend this voucher at any retail outlet, shop or restaurant. The shop owner submits this voucher to Sodexo Company and gets Rs 95 back within 20 days.
Indian Post Office Timings | Working Hours & Lunch Time
What are the advantages of the Sodexo Meal Card?
The previous paragraph talks about Sodexho’s work style. But how will shareholders benefit from this? Here comes the detail.
1. 30% loss government
It means through a 30% tax deduction, we can get 30% tax benefits if we opt for meal vouchers, so many people accept this.
2. Shoppers lose 5%:
Even if shops present a voucher of Rs 100, they get back only Rs 95. But this loss is minimal as stores are getting more business by selling products at MRP.
3. 30% gain to the individual by saving tax
A person loses 5% (by paying MRP for all items). Some shops ask for an extra % if we use Sodexo. That means for an item worth MRP 100 rupees, and we have to pay 103 or 104 rupees.
4. Sodexo makes an average of 10% profit.
Sodexo makes things easier, and they make some profit through their process.
How to activate Sodexo Meal Card?
After you receive your meal card from your employer, you can activate it with two options, and the options are as follows:
- Option 1 is nice and quick; I suggest it. You can activate your Sodexo Meal Card through SMS.
- Send an SMS to 9225660070 from your registered mobile number.
- Activate your meal card online by visiting the card activation portal.
- Enter your recorded e-mail address or mobile number (recommended to leave a mobile number).
- Enter the 12-digit card reference number and enter the correct captcha.
- You will receive an activation code.
- Enter the activation code you received via e-mail or SMS.
- Click on Activate Card & You’re Set.
Activate IDFC Sodexo Premium Pass Card
- Visit https://activation.sodexobrs.com
- Enter your registered mobile number or e-mail address.
- Enter a 12-digit card reference number & captcha.
- Click on Get Activation Code
- Enter the activation code (you will receive it via e-mail and SMS)
- Activate my IDFC Bank Sodexo Premium Pass.
SSP Scholarship Portal – Online Registration & Login Process
How to log in Sodexo meal Card?
- Visit the Sodexo Cardholder Login Portal or click here.
- Provide details like e-mail id and password to log in to the portal.
- If you are a first-time user, visit http://sodexo.in, click on Sodexo Users, and then sign in to the Zeta Single Sign on-page by entering your e-mail or mobile number and creating a password.
- Following the above steps, you can log in to the Sodexo Cardholder Login Portal.
What to do if Sodexo Card is lost?
So if you’ve lost your card, you can block it by calling Sodexo customer service or logging in with your details on the cardholder portal.
Sodexo Card Outlets
- Visit https://outlets.sodexobenefitsindia.com and permit BPN stands for Browser Push Notification.
- After you click Allow, it will show you a list of companions near you to use your Sodexo Card.
How to Check Sodexo Card Balance?
If you have recorded your Sodexo Card, you can go to the Sodexo Cardholder Portal at https://Cards.Sodexobrs.com and log in with your particulars to view the Sodexo meal Card balance, download card transaction history and more additional.
Also, you will get SMS and e-mail attention on your registered mobile number or e-mail ID communicated with Sodexo.
Sodexo Card Balance Limit
Sodexo Card balance has a limit. The total balance on Sodexo Meal Cards should not exceed ₹1,00,000 at any point. So make sure you utilise your meal coupons regularly.
For any assistance, call them at 022-69196919 / 022-49196919 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. How to use the Sodexo card?
The Sodexo Meal / Resto Pass card is a PIN-based card which requires the cardholder to enter the transaction PIN at the POS terminal during every transaction. You can also use your card at various online merchants you have arranged with Sodexo.
2. Where can I use the Sodexo card?
You can use Sodexo Meal Pass across India’s largest proprietary meal merchant network spanning 1,00,000+ outlets in 1,700+ cities, including leading food portals Zomato, Swiggy, Freshmenu, Grofers, BigBasket and many more.
3. Can I use the Sodexo card online?
Yes, you can now purchase all your groceries at unstoppable prices and use your Sodexo Meal Card to pay for all your grocery needs online. Order through the Grofers app or www.grofers.com and select ‘Meal Card’ on the payment page.
4. How to get a Sodexo card?
Corporate companies provide Sodexo Card to their employees. This meal card is for corporate employees only. Corporate employers should sign up with Sodexo and offer these benefits to their employees to save taxes and enjoy food in many cities in India.