Getting a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu after Marriage is essential to prove that the couple is officially married. Suppose you want to register for your certificate after your Marriage. In that case, you need clear information about its registration process. You can read this article to know how to register for it both online and offline, eligibility, required documents etc.
Marriage Certificate in Tamil Nadu:
If you are an Indian, getting the marriage certificate after the Marriage is essential. Obtaining this certificate gives the benefits of the scheme. So every state of India, along with Tamil Nadu, provides official certificates for married couples. If you want to register, you can apply online and offline. To apply online, the government offers many websites to register for the certificate.
The couple can get this certificate under the Hindu Marriage act 1955 and the Special marriage act 1954. Suppose the couple is Hindu, Buddhist, Jain and Sikh. In that case, they can get under the Hindu act, and if they are from another community, they are under the Special act. This certificate gives proof of Marriage to the couple. They can get all the benefits offered by the government in many ways. This article provides all the additional information about this scheme.
|Scheme name||Tamil Nadu Marriage registration scheme|
|Launched by||Tamil Nadu government|
|Beneficiaries||The married couple from Tamil Nadu|
|Registration mode||Online and offline|
The eligibility criteria for registering for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu are as follows,
- The bride must be 18 years or above.
- The groom must be above 21 years or above.
- Both bride and groom must accept the Marriage with their consent.
- They must have three witnesses if they marry under the Hindu marriage act.
- They must have two witnesses if they marry under the particular marriage act.
- The couple must not have a living spouse.
- If they are married before, then they must be divorcees or widowers.
Documents Required for Marriage Certificate:
To register for the marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu, you must provide some essential documents. They are,
- Proof of Marriage, e.g. wedding invitation, temple receipt, church receipt etc.
- Resident proof
- Age proof of bride and groom.
- Four individual passport-size photos
- Wedding invitation with bride and groom names and venue.
- If they are divorcees, then they must have a divorce certificate.
- Under Christian Marriages, they must provide a reference number, dispatch number and church certificate.
- Proof of death of the spouse.
- Certification of the priest if Marriage is in a religious place.
How to apply for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu?
If you plan to apply for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu, you can do it online and offline. Follow the below steps to apply for it.
- To apply offline, you need to visit the official website provided by the government.
- Download the application form and get a print of it.
- Fill in all the details in the state.
- It has details like the bride’s name, groom’s name, age, address, bride and groom’s parents’ details etc.
- Attach the required documents to the application form.
- Submit the form to the marriage registrar’s office.
- Firstly you need to visit the official website from any browser.
- On the homepage, click the ‘User registration’ option on the screen.
- You will redirect to the next page, where you must enter your details, mobile number and login details.
- Enter the OTP that you received to your registered mobile number.
- Now login into your account using the login credentials.
- Next, click on the ‘Marriage registration’ option to get a new page with a ‘New registration’ option.
- Click on it and provide all your details like bride and groom names, family details, age etc.
- Attach the required documents like marriage proof, age proof, resident proof etc.
- Finally, make the payment.
- Download the acknowledgement receipt and get a print of it.
How to search for marriage registration?
If you want to know about the marriage certificate in the Tamil Nadu process, follow the steps below.
- Visit the official online portal of the Tamil Nadu registration department.
- On the homepage, you need to click on more.
- Then click on search and next click on ‘Marriage’.
- Next, select the marriage type and category.
- Enter your details accordingly.
- Click on the search option.
You can log in to your marriage certificate account by following the below steps.
- Visit the official online website of the Registration department of Tamil Nadu.
- Then, enter your username, password, and captcha code on the login page.
- After entering, click ‘Sign in’ to log in to your account.
How to check the application status?
After applying for a marriage certificate, you can check your application status by following the steps below.
- Visit the official website to check the status.
- On the menu bar, click on the ‘more’ option.
- Drop down the bar and search for the ‘Marriage’ option. Click on it.
- A new page will appear and select your marriage type and category.
- Enter your details and captcha code in the search area.
- Your marriage details will appear on the screen.
- Address: No.100, Santhome High road, Chennai 600028
- Phone number: 044-24640160
- Fax number: 044-24642774
- Email: email@example.com
Can we apply marriage certificate online in Tamil Nadu?
Citizens of Tamil Nadu can register their Marriage through online and offline sources.
How long will it take to get a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu?
Getting a marriage certificate may not take more than a day soon.
How much does it cost for a marriage certificate in Tamil Nadu?
The application fee is generally Rs 100.
How many months does it take to process a marriage certificate?
Posting usually takes one to two months if the Marriage occurs within Metro Manila. Outside Metro Manila, the posting period may take two to three months.